Here is a collection of Nelson Mandela Wisdom Quotes
Some personalities are born to re-create the history and South Africa’s first black President Nelson Mandela was one of them. He was widely regarded as an icon of democracy and social justice. Mandela was a controversial figure for much of his life but he gained international acclaim for his activism.
- Name – Nelson Mandela
- Born – 18 July 1918, Mvezo, Union of South Africa
- African Name – Rolihlalha (means troublemaker)
- Known as – Madiba, Dabilunga, The Black Pimpernel
- President – 10 May 1994 – 16 June 1999
- Political Party – African National Congress, South African Communist Party
- Awards – Nobel Peace Prize (1993), Lenin Peace Prize (1990), Sakharov Prize (1988), Bharat Ratna (1990) and many more.
- Famous Movement – Anti Apartheid Movement
- Died on – 5 December 2013 (aged 96) in Johannesburg, South Africa due to Respiratory Infection
Nelson Mandela was having great wisdom and immortal flow of thoughts. Let us inspire ourselves from the wonderful and engraving thoughts of such a great leader.
Mandela fought against white domination and black domination. He cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all people live together in harmony and with equal opportunities.
1918 – Born as Rolihlahla Mandela at Mvezo in the Union of South Africa
1925 – Attends primary school and receives the name ‘Nelson’ from a teacher
1930 – Father dies, he was entrusted to Thembu Regent Jongintaba Dalindyebo at the age of 12
1940 – Expelled from University College of Fort Hare in Alice
1941 – Escaped an arranged marriage; Becomes a mine security officer
1942 – Begins to attend African National Congress (ANC) meetings informally
1943 – Graduated with BA from Fort Hare; Enrolled for LLB at Wits University
1944 – Co-founded the ANC Youth League (ANCYL); Married Evelyn Ntoko Mase
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings